Saturday, November 21, 2009
Paging Kennedy's Mom!
Last night while Christmas shopping, I had my first completely horrified experience as a parent. At least Kevin was there to help me out. We went to Kohl's to do some shopping after having dinner. Kennedy is "usually" pretty good about staying by my side while we are out in public. Last night however was different. Kevin was taking the cart and proceeding to check out while it was my job to distract Kennedy since we were buying some items for her. Next thing I knew, she was darting in between the clothes racks and I was finding it hard to keep up with her while pushing Helton in the stroller. As I was proceeding to cut her off on her next darting mission between racks, she was no where to be found. I start calling her name to hear her general direction and no response. She couldn't have gotten far is what I keep telling myself. About this time, Kevin is done checking out, walks over to find us and looks at me like, where is Kennedy? I leave Helton with him while he stands guard of the doors to make sure no one is leaving with her. Right about now is when I have every single emotion running through my body: I'm going to kill her when I find her, what if someone took her and already made it out the doors and I missed her, scared, angry, upset and worried. After looking for what felt like hours, I suddenly hear, "Kennedy's mom....can you come to the men's side register?" announced over the intercom. I sprint over to the complete other side of the store and find the happiest sight in the world, Kennedy balling her eyes out while a very nice Kohl's worker is trying to appease her with every toy they have in the store. I don't think Kennedy has ever hugged my tighter than she did at that moment. I then tell her how scared she made Mommy and to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever do that again! As I tucked her into bed last night she told me, "I love you Mom" and gave me the second biggest hug I have ever gotten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How scary!!! Every parent has been there and it is the most horrible feeling in the world!!! Glad she was found safe and sound, give her extra kisses from GiGi
I haven't had that happen yet, but when I do, I know I will panic! Kennedy you little stinker!
Post a Comment