Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Changing Day In Her Life


As a parent, I believe that there are certain things that we can teach our children at a very early age: manners, how to share, responsibility, respect and generosity. However, I think the greatest thing that we can teach our children about is God. We only began going to church as a family about a year and a half ago. We LOVE our church, what they believe, the people that go there and it has been one of the greatest choices that we have made. After going for some time, Kennedy would begin asking some questions like, does God make everything? Or what is Heaven like? I can tell you that the conversation that she and I had this week as we headed to work was one that I will never forget......

Kennedy:"Mom, does God live on every cloud?"
Me: "Yes, He lives everywhere."
Kennedy: "I want to go to Heaven right now."
Me: "I want you to go to Heaven too Kennedy but you live here right now."
Kennedy: "How do I get to Heaven?"
Me: "You ask Jesus to come and live in your heart and then when you die you can go to Heaven."
Kennedy: "Are there monkeybars there?"
Me: "Yes, I'm sure there are monkeybars there."

Short pause.......

Kennedy: "Jesus, come and live in my heart so I can go to Heaven. Amen Can we go and get some ice cream?"
Me: "Of couse we can Sis. We can get anything you want."


This conversation just melted my heart. I had tears rolling down my face and I just know that the angels in Heaven were rejoycing with us.

3 comments:

GiGi said...

Kennedy, GiGi is so proud to hear this!!! You have made the most important decision you will ever make in your life. Remember, Jesus is always there, lean on him all the time!!! Love you and see you Saturday.

nana said...

WOW ....GOD BLESS KENNEDY. that brings joy to a nana's heart. take care. see you soon.

Mendy said...

I just read this at work and it brought tears to my eyes. The monkeybars in Heaven did it for me. What a sweet moment. You KNOW He was smiling down:)