Monday, January 16, 2012

Where Have We Been???

We are still here. After a very busy but yet fun December, we have not been up to much. There hasn't been much to document as far as photos go so no pics this go around. Here is a small preview into what we have been doing.

I don't believe in resolutions. They always get broken therefore I don't make them. What I do however are re do's. While I did 3 of my 5 re do's for 2011, my re do's for 2012 are hopefully more of a lifestyle change than do overs. I made working out a big priority in 2011 and I loved the way it made me feel and look. I jumped on the cross fit bandwagon this year and holy moly.....what a workout! I vow to keep this one up forever if possible! I promised to feed myself and my family better. I want all of us to be around for a very long time....I have grandkids and great grandkids to spoil one day.

Kevin never ceases to amaze me at how successful his business is becoming. I was terrified 2 years ago when he came home and told me that he wanted to quit his 6-figure a year job to start his own business....WHAT?!?!?! I had no question that he would make it work but letting go of security and safety is very hard for me. He has grown from a one man show to having 3 others work for him. Not too shabby in 2 years. I don't mind bragging on him and think he is doing a fantastic job.

And then there is my girl....Kennedy. Look out world, this girl has a mind and determination like I have never seen in a 5 year old. She is loving school and tells me that she is already ready for 1st grade. Wait a minute, you have to go to kindergarten first Sis. Her heart is just as big as her big blue eyes and sometimes can wear it on her sleeve, just like her Momma. Sorry kiddo, not much I can do about that. I think she has more friends than I do and doesn't know a stranger. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for her.

Oh sweet Helton boy....if I could just have a quarter of your energy. This kid doesn't stop! From waking up to bedtime he is going 100% and is ALL boy! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade him for the world. We are beginning potty training and could use some prayers in this area. I would love to be done changing my kids diapers....forever, but I need some encouragement from him. This little man is growing so quickly and I just want to freeze time and hold onto it forever.

We all have big plans and goals for 2012. The best thing about a new year is that we all get a clean slate and can start over. I am sure we will get much more exciting in the months to come. Until next time.......

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Prayers on the potty training for sure!! You are doing a fantastic job Mommy - keep up the great work and enjoy all of the sweet benefits!! xo