Thursday, April 9, 2009
Really???
Anyone that has been pregnant will understand. If you haven't been pregnant, you'll understand one day if you so decide to become pregnant. For the men, this really has not bearing on you what-so-ever. Let me start by saying, I love being pregnant. I have been fortunate enough to have 2 very easy going pregnancies with no issues. And deep down I love the "extra" attention that gets me such as: people opening doors for me, genuine smiles, people telling me how great I look and so on. Now...that being said....that does NOT give perfect strangers that I have never seen in my life nor will ever see again the right to come up to me and put their hands all over my belly!!! Why would someone do that? I have no problem with people that I know doing this but when I go to WalMart or Target and some stranger does it, it is weird! Don't do that to me! I am not public property and you don't have the right to do it! Help me out a little....am I just being obsessive compulsive about my body?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, wow.... I totally agree with the inappropriateness of touching other people's bodies. And I am a pretty open person that loves human contact! I had a client's father THUMP my belly like a watermelon and say "yep, it's ripe!" Let's just say I never went back and turned him in for harrassment.... gross. I am with you sista!
I worked in a salon while I was pregnant and fortunately none of the people that came in touched me, (although I did have one woman call me a bitch because I barely gained any weight and things went well - I think she was kidding, but apparently hers didn't go so well.
Anyway, I had someone do that in a grocery store once, I was leaving and they were coming in. She just walked up to me, put her hands on my stomach and asked if the baby was kicking a lot. I put my hands on her stomach. She just gave me a weird look and walked away. I don't think she liked it either.
As husband and father of this baby, I am not too wild about others touching you either. They are lucky I was not there to witness this. It would have been the last time they would have done it.
Post a Comment