Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Father Knows Best
In an effort to maintain family harmony, this post is for my husband, the smartest Daddy around. Anyone that has tried to potty train a child will appreciate this as well as understand where I am coming from. Being a Mom, I of course know the right way to do anything when it comes to my children. No one else can tell me what's best because they don't know. (Insert sarcasm here) What works for one child will of course not work for the other. Although I do head such advice, again, my way is best. My goal was to have Kennedy potty trained before Helton arrived and we all know, that did not happen. I came to grips with the fact that it was OK and that she is only 2 1/2 and not 5 about to start school and not potty trained. Again, my way is best and she is smart and she'll figure it out sometime. I will admit, sometimes it is easier to just put a pull up on and go and not worry about asking every 3 minutes if she has to go to the bathroom, especially on trips. But, reality soon set in and I am not wanting to change 2 sets of bottoms for much longer. I know there will be accidents and I am totally OK with that. However, the majority of the time, we need to be going pee pee in the potty. Daddy has a few less patience in this area than I do and stepped in last night and informed me of how we are to now be training our little princess to use the potty. His brilliant idea......sit her on the potty and no matter how long it takes, wait for her to go. This will never work I thought plus, I don't have enough time to sit around in the bathroom for an hour waiting for her to go. After lots of tears, by Kennedy and me, last night she FINALLY went potty after 1 hour of sitting on the pot. I was exhausted!! OK, I'll try again tomorrow, just to prove to Daddy that his way was just a freak accident and it doesn't work! Long story short, no only have we gone pee pee twice today but also poop!!! Are you kidding me?? Moral of the story....sometimes my way isn't always the best way or the right way......only sometimes :) Good job Daddy! You were right and I was wrong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
congratulations dad and congratulations kennedy. good job. way to fill that elmo poster with stickers. nana will see you sunday.
Whooo hooo! Who cares who is right or wrong... PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!! Yea!
Good Job Kennedy!!!! GiGi is so proud of you, when I see you, we will go and get some ice cream okay?? Love you all--
Woo Hoo!! Way to go Kennedy and I love your fancy shoes. (Although I am going to have to watch and make sure that shirt stays down!!) I will see you in less than a month and I am sure you will be an expert at the potty by then. Luv Aunt Carrie
YEA Kennedy! (I have a slightly similar story about training Kaeden to sleep through the night - including the tears and all!)
Post a Comment